Thanks to Madeline for this awesome meme. I'm going to treasure these answers, even if some of them are an absolute riot!
I interviewed each child separately, and Sam was kind enough to pause his game to humor me. What a guy!
1. What is something your mom always says to you?
Emily: I love you.
Julia: The more you clean up, the more you find.
Sam: Don't listen to your daddy.
2. What makes your mom happy?
Emily: clean floors
Julia: Seeing our smiles.
Sam: Seeing her children have fun.
3. What makes your mom sad?
Emily: She doesn't get sad very often, but when she yells at me she does.
Julia: When she and daddy argue.
Sam: Seeing her children being really sad and hitting their own selves.
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Emily: She tries to tell a bad joke. when there's no laughter, I start laughing.
Julia: Makes jokes at my dad.
Sam: By tickling me so much.
5. What did your mom like to do when she was a child?
Emily: I really don't know; she doesn't talk about her childhood much.
Julia: Look in the garden for gnomes.
Sam: read books.
6. How old is your mom?
7. How tall is your mom?
Emily: shorter than daddy
Julia: How do I know!?
Sam: 7 feet
8. What is her favorite thing to do?
9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
Emily: Have private time with daddy.
Julia: Be on the computer.
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Emily: her delicious food
Julia: our farm
11. What is your mom really good at?
12. What is your mom not very good at?
Emily: video and computer games
Sam: building houses
13. What does your mom do for her job?
Emily: provide food
14. What is your mom's favorite food?
Julia: chicken giambatta
15. What makes you proud of your mom?
Emily: So much stuff, I can't choose one thing.
Julia: her gardening.
Sam: That she builds the strength to do what she does today even though it's very hard.
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Julia: Princess Jasmine
17. What do you and your mom do together?
Emily: So many things I can't think of one. We talk together, help me read and write, and she cares about me.
Julia: play bananagrams
18. How are you and your mom the same?
Emily: we're very alike. We have a lot the same personality. We both get very powerful sometimes and a bunch of other stuff.
Julia: We like baking.
Sam: we both like snuggling with each other
19. How are you and your mom different?
Emily: I've got thicker hair and I'm younger.
Julia: she likes to weed; I don't.
Sam: I know how to do a lot of computer games and she doesn't.
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Emily: That she's caring enough to do things for me.
Julia: Cause she takes care of me.
Sam: Because she says it every day, and I know she means it. And she doesn't, like, roll her eyes.
21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
Emily: I don't know. There's so many things she likes about him.
22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
Emily: the garden
Julia: the beach
Sam: The family room because it has all the family in it usually.