Monday, August 30, 2004

We got back late Sunday night from a wonderful trip up north. I dropped the kids and dh at the grandparents' shore house, where they had a fabulous time playing on the beach, riding the rides at the boardwalk and playing with their cousin. Emily was telling me all about how well she was boogie boarding, and I can't wait to see her next time we're up. I missed their first rollercoaster ride, but it's the first thing I've missed in their lives, so I'll try to feel better about that.

I spent the weekend by myself at the 3rd Annual Live and Learn Conference outside of Boston. I missed the kids desperately but had a wonderful time meeting so many unschoolers and their families. The tenor of the weekend was just amazing--to see so many gentle, respectful parents and so many kids living in freedom made my heart soar! And I know how much fun my kids will have being a part of it all next year!

Meeting all the people I *know* from online was incredible. Sandra was insightful, AnneO was inspiring, and Kelly, well, I just wished I could take her home with me so she could be my neighbor (maybe we could end up on adjacent farms in Virginia! lol). I met so many other wonderful people--too many to name.

It's great to be home, but I wish that everyone wasn't scattering back across the continent. It would be wonderful to live closer to everyone and enjoy the feeling of community more than just once a year. Pensacola here I come! The countdown has begun!

No comments: